Wednesday, January 31, 2007

And Ye Shall Find...

I have a job. Last Thursday I mailed an application package to the Golden Hills School Division in Strathmore Alberta, Friday I got mad at Canada Post, Monday I forgave Canada Post. I got a call Monday evening, about 5 minutes after 5 pm, asking if I could be in Strathmore, Alberta for an interview the next day. You bet I could! Dad drove me to Strathmore (he didn't trust Little Car, but I didn't tell her that), I interviewed at 3 pm, and I had the job by 4:30 pm SK time. Thank goodness for that extra hour in there!

I'll be teaching grade seven English Language Arts, Social Studies, and one block of Health at Crowther Memorial Jr. High School. It's a 7-9 school, with over 650 students. My average class size is about 26-27 students, and I start on Monday! I'm in a bit of a panic about planning and packing and moving and such, but I'm so excited.

I know some people who were wondering about where I would end up would be checking this blog, so I've updated it. I think the plan is to move on Saturday, so if I don't see everyone who has been thinking and praying, I thank you now! I hope to be back to catch closing night of the musical, but that's planning too far in advance right now! So, thank you, and we'll talk again.

2 comments:

Merle said...

Praise God for the way He provides!

Congratulations and all that...I'm sure you have a lot that you're pulling together now.

Your mom told me just the other day while I was taking the truck in for a new clutch. (Thank goodness a standard is cheaper to fix than an automatic!) :D

Blessings as you start on Monday...never let'em see you sweat.

Jago said...

Congrats. I know the feeling of applying for jobs and waiting for a reply. I too am in a similar situation, but I don't know what the result is.