Wednesday, February 14, 2007

Alberta and Snow

Hello everyone who might be checking this site. I have finally had the internet installed in my apartment, and so I am able to access this site. The school had it blocked.

I am now teaching at Crowther Memorial Jr. High School in Strathmore, Alberta. I've been teaching for a week and a half, and I think I'm able to name about 60% of my students, as long as you only want their first names! I've learned that Valentine's Day + Jr. High Students = insanity. Sugar and hormones. Hormones and sugar. The dance is tomorrow, so we'll see how this goes!

That said, I'm already attached to some of these kids. I have some excellent students. I'm looking forward to St. Patrick's Day. I think it will be a blast.

I'm off to plan for the rest of the week. I have to have two days planned ahead for my one class that refuses to work in class. I'm planning on being in MJ this weekend. I'm very excited about CATS. I can't wait to see all the costumes, and how they pull together. Thank goodness for this Family Day holiday! I need to get my bookshelves and another kitchen chair -- that way I can have one at the table AND one at the computer! I'm just holing Little Car makes it home and back one more time. Until next time!

2 comments:

steven said...

Hey Erin, we are happy for you and glad that you are closer to us in Lacombe. We trust that the adjustment to being an "Albertan" will not be difficult. Just remember to mount the shot gun on the back of the car and not on the side or the front!:)

Heidi Hoffman said...

Alberta!!! No, don't succumb to their ways!!!