Thursday, October 05, 2006

Turkeys of All Shapes and Sizes

Thanksgiving is just around the corner, and I am looking forward to going home for the long weekend. Nevermind that I was just home. This is a LONG weekend, so it's supposed to feel important. We will be celebrating my birthday, Grandma Walter's birthday, Auntie Fran's birthday, Grandma and Grandpa Graas' anniversary, and, oh yeah. Thanksgiving. We do have much to be thankful for, especially that we are all still able to be together and celebrate these events. Our household will likely be serving turkey, but I expect there will be a Turkey or two in residence regardless!

I'm at the school as I write. My students in my Creative Writing 20 class have a major assignment due tomorrow, and I've opened the computer lab to allow them to type their final drafts. I don't think they realize the sacrifice here! Grey's Anatomy is on, is over! Not that I can't catch up of course. I am getting much more official class "stuff" accomplished here at school anyhow. This evening work period might become a weekly thing. After all, if students are expecting me to show up, I have to show up.

I'm debating how much to write here. I've been in touch with a teaching company out of the UK, and it sounds promising...I do not want to jinx it or get my hopes up...but there is a good chance I will be moving to England in January to teach. I've just started setting it up this week, but the question seems not to be "if I can get a job", but "when can you get here to start?". Those in a praying mood: this would be a very appreciated topic. I'd really like to do this, but I've learned the hard way that it needs to be God's will, not my own.

Anyhow, must mark. It's amazing how quickly that can become backed up. One more thing for my logbook, I guess. I really should start that thing...

No comments: