Monday, September 04, 2006

Labour Day

There has been a bit of progress on the home front since Thursday. My room is now a nice pale yellow. I painted on Saturday, after the flooring debacle Thursday night. The batteries in Adam's saw gave out after ten minutes, so I believe the flooring is to go in today. Hopefully that means I can get my stuff out of Nathaniel's room tonight, rather than leaving everything until tomorrow night. I have to get used to having to be at school every day with set hours...university really doesn't prepare you for that! I actually HAVE to shop on Saturday now.

I experienced my first Gospel Fellowship service yesterday. I thought it was a decent crowd, for what I had been told to expect, but apparently half the congregation was visiting from other places. It reminds me a bit of Calvary Community Baptist in Weyburn, but a bit younger. I was made to feel quite welcome, with three or four older ladies making sure I was "doing ok" here in Foam Lake. There are some personalities in the congregation, so it will be interesting to watch and see how that plays out in the general scheme of things. Walter Brown from Yorkton spoke, which was ok. I miss Westhill, and I miss Steve! If I could find a teaching job in Lacombe...

The rest of my day has to include the creation of units. I have procrastinated enough. I have to remember that not every weekend is going to be a long one! It's time to get ahead of the game. To those who can, keep in touch.

No comments: