Monday, August 07, 2006

How I Spent My Summer vacation (at IKEA)

A lot can happen in a week, even more in two...

I'm writing this from Lacombe, Alberta, where I'm visiting with Steve and Colleen and the boys. It has been a wonderful weekend camping with family out at Buffalo Lake, and the days I've spent here in Lacombe have been the icing on a rather sunburnt cake. I'm definitely going to keep my eyes and ears open for a teaching job in this area. I can't imagine living between two Ikea's. That just might be any salary I get!

We went in to Calgary today (Calgary has never been a "day trip" for me before), and we had it timed so that we were at Ikea first, then the mall since that was how they opened. I have to go home tomorrow, and to work on Wednesday. It will be good to go home yet hard to leave. If anyone else wants to surprize Steve and Colleen Sunday morning, the service starts at 10 am. It's worth it to see the church...let's call it a unique design.

I can't believe that I'm moving in 10 days, and that means I have less than two weeks left of work days. So much to do! (So much that should already be done!) Better get started.

No comments: