Thursday, May 05, 2011

Soda Crackers and Gingerale

I have completely confused my kitten.  You see, I've been home now, during the week, for two days.  Why?  Because I've caught the *infamous "stomach virus" that doesn't let anything stay anywhere near my stomach.  It's so much fun.  Not.  I'm on the mend, and just waiting for the pouring rain to stop so I can run (ok, walk slowly) up to the corner store to buy some Canada Dry and soda crackers.  

It's times like this that I really miss my mom.  It's not like there's anything she can do to change the fact that I'm sick, but it's nice to know she'd like to be able to do something. It sounds silly, but when Cassie was sick last week (with quite the opposite problem, thank you), I think I got a taste of the feeling.  I felt dreadful.  I wasn't really able to do anything.  I could take her to the vet, and give her what was suggested, but other than that all I could do was cuddle her and let her sleep.

Thankfully, we're both pretty much better now.  It will take a few more days to be back to "normal."  It's time to go Lysol everything in my apartment.

*Infamous because it's super common.  See, when it doesn't freeze, viruses don't die.  So far, that's the only thing a SK winter has going for it.

No comments: