Tuesday, January 11, 2011

Late Night Laundry

Why does the laundry always start at 8 o'clock at night?  I know it doesn't seem like a big deal, so I guess I put it off.  However, living in a humid country does not lend itself to dry clothes.  If I want to wear my jeans on Thursday, I have to wash them no later than noon on Tuesday; Monday is better.  Could I put these things in the dryer?  Yes, but having them shrink would be worse than waiting for them to dry.  So tonight I will wait for the washing machine to finish, and I will go to sleep with my laundry hanging in my bedroom, standing fan blowing as fast as I can stand and still sleep.

This is just one of the things I've adapted to here in Costa Rica over the past six months.  I'm not much for New Year's resolutions (I'd really prefer successful goals) but I'd like to try something.  I'm going to use this blog as a sort of log of "Tico" things:  people, events, places and things that, to my mind, could only really exist here in Costa Rica.  I'll be updating soon about my Christmas/Summer holidays, and the camp that I went to.  I'll post some pictures of my new freckles, courtesy of the sun down in Manuel Antonio National Park and my aunt and uncle's visit. I will write more often, rather than every four months.  We have a lot of catching up to do!

No comments: