Friday, November 24, 2006

Prelude and Beyond!

It's 10:53 pm, and I've just taken out my eyes and washed the makeup off. Prelude is over for another year. The Gospel Fellowship Church community has put on a great dinner once again, and the turnout was really good. The tables will come down this week, the food will be parceled up and taken home, and the Advent season is almost here. I enjoyed this evening, but I'm glad it's over. I am my harshest critic, but being honest, tonight wasn't as strong as I'd have liked it to be. I still received compliments and praise, as did Erin for her playing, but that isn't as powerful as knowing you did a good job yourself.

My block at the high school is nearly over. By the end of this coming week I will have dropped a class, and will lose another class the next Monday. The sixteen, seventeen weeks that I started counting down have disappeared. I only have nineteen DAYS of school left (by my calculations...I'm not teaching math, remember). I'm realizing that I will miss some of the aspects of small town life, but I don't know if I could count this experience as "living" here. I'm not sure you can be from a small town if you haven't lived there at least three years. The community is so active, and I will miss that if I move to a larger centre. I do look forward to having more options in a larger centre. It really is a decision to be made, about what sort of life I want to have, and teaching I want to do. I'm just about ready to think about that. Not quite right now.

No comments: